What to Bring
Please be aware that the elevation (5600 ft / 1705 m) and relatively dry climate of the area affects people differently. Be prepared to allow your body to adjust to the environment. You may need to increase your water intake and take measures to protect your skin from sunburn. June/July average daytime temperature is 90°F/32°C with an average overnight low of 54°F/12°C. While the air is generally dry, sudden intense rain and hail storms may occur.
What to Bring
- Cool, layered clothing appropriate for yoga, serving, and playing.
- Notebook and pen for classroom.
- Hat or visor for sun.
- Rain gear, including an umbrella.
- White clothing (optional) and head covering for classes.
- A shawl or blanket, and slippers or thick socks, for cool mornings.
- Sheepskin or yoga mat, light blanket for morning sadhana.
- Toiletries (sunscreen, lip balm, lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.) and towels. These items are not for sale on site, although there is a convenience store within walking distance.
- Alarm clock.
- A suitable tote or bag to hold things you want to have with you each day.
- Flashlight or headlamp with spare batteries.
- Mug for hot beverages, preferably metal/non-breakable and with a lid.
- Water bottle (water dispensers are available in the classroom).
- Back jacks will be available for student use during classes.